Applied Business Economics Program
The Applied Business Economics Program (ABEP) aims to provide the participants with an awareness of and sensitivity to the issues and problems confronting the nation, and with opportunities to apply economic research techniques and develop analytical and problem solving skills, especially those necessary to understand and evaluate the economic environment. ABEP allows the participant to relate current economic conditions and issues to business operations at the firm level using UA&P’s wealth of local and international research data. Since the participants are gainfully employed, the program applies to their industry and institutional needs.
The program begins in July and runs for two years. The first one and a half years are primarily devoted to seminars and workshops. The last semester of the second year covers thesis writing and defense. With a total of 36 academic units, the program offers the following courses leading to a Master in Applied Business Economics. Each subject runs once a week for ten weeks. Class hours are from 6:00 PM to 9:30 PM every Tuesday and from 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM every Saturday.
- Economics of a Nation
- Business Economics Statistical Techniques
- Corporate Accounting
- Economics of a Firm
- Applied Econometrics
- Corporate Aspects of Finance
- Economic Development
- Economic Policy
- Industry Analysis
- Operations Management
- Corporate Aspects of Human Resource
- Applied Business Economics Research
- Business Ethics
- Corporate Aspects of Marketing
- Research Seminar
- Thesis / Non-Thesis Paper
The Applied Business Economics Program (ABEP) is designed for company staff who assist top executives in corporate planning and research and for line people who would like to build strong theoretical foundations in planning. For admission to the program, each applicant must pass the following criteria and requirements:
- Hold a Bachelor’s Degree from any College or University;
- Have at least 2 Years of Work Experience;
- Completely submitted the following admission requirements: a) Application Form, b) 3 Recommendation Letters (From Immediate Supervisor, Former Professor, and General Character Reference); c) Original Transcript of Records, d) 2 Copies of 2X2 Colored Photo (on white background), e) English Proficiency Results/Certificate (for Foreign Applicants), f) paid the Admission Fee of Php825; and
- Passed the ABEP Qualifying Examination.
For SY 2016-2017, qualifying exams will be on January 9 up to July 2, 2016 from 9:00 AM to 12:00 NN (every 1st Saturday of the month) and will be held at the School of Economics Conference Room, 6th Floor, APEC Communications Bldg. (ACB), University of Asia and the Pacific. Requirements can be submitted a week before your preferred exam day between January 2 up to July 9, 2016. Classes start on August 9, 2016.
University of Asia and the Pacific
6/F APEC Communications Building
Pearl Drive, Ortigas Center
Pasig City 1605, Philippines
TELEPHONE: +63 2 637 0912 loc 375
FAX: +63 2 637 8549
EMAIL: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org